Skip to content


December 1, 2009

Quite a bit was accomplished over the long weekend!  I finished the baby quilt top and back, so all that’s left is sandwiching, quilting, and binding.  I sewed together all the squares for Grandma’s quilt and my “masterful” math skills quickly showed that I’m several rows of squares short.  Which I thoroughly don’t understand because I was sure I calculated everything correctly and I cut out the same number of squares all around, but I ended up with several stragglers that didn’t match.

Still!  Feeling pretty accomplished and I’m glad I’m nearly done with these two way before Christmas.  I’m going to finish the baby quilt this weekend and gift it off to the soon-to-be-mama next week.  I’m thinking about embroidering the initial of their last name and “2010” somewhere on it.

I’ve also decided to enter Grandma’s quilt into the Quilt-It contest hosted by Lark Books.  It fits the “Recycled/Repurposed Material” category. Pressure’s on now!

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: