Skip to content

Pocket Success!

April 28, 2009

Finally! I turned on my sewing machine tonight for the first time in several weeks and successfully sewed up both in-seam pockets of my blue floral dress.

sewing-0021

Once I finished the pockets, I pinned all the pieces together and hung them on my dress form.  It looks pretty baggy.  I do believe I’m a few sizes smaller than the pattern pieces I cut out.  Either I’m not measuring myself correctly or Burda’s patterns run a bit large.  I think those 8 extra inches I added to the skirt was unnecessary…

sewing-004

There are darts in the back on the skirt and the bodice and they sit too far apart on me.  I’m going to add four more smaller darts to pull everything in a little more.  I’ll also most likely need to take in the bodice on the sides.

sewing-007

So I’m done for the night :)  I feel just accomplishing those dang pockets was enough to celebrate with a little Bailey’s nightcap and a good read…

 4-28-09-003

~ Erin

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: