This Week’s Faves…#17
Our favorite herbs are basil and cilantro. Both are so versatile and so yummy. They are our splurge items when we go to the grocery store since they are ridiculously expensive.
So I decided to remedy this financial issue and simply buy the plants themselves!
At $4 each, these two cost as much as I would buy in a pack at the store, but this way I only have to pay once and I get a continuously replenishing supply! I’m hoping they grow quickly, though. I know nothing about these herbs or how they grow or what they need (still researching all that), but I know right now that this much would probably only last a couple meals.
We’re hosting 4th of July for my family this year and I’m already thinking about the food. J. will be making his fabulous smoked beer burgers and I’ve been perusing recipes that are fresh and summery.
- I googled a few favorite dishes and found Imperrfections. A wonderful blog with a slew of delicious recipes along the left side of the site. A few of my favorites: Vietnamese Summer Rolls, Mango Black Bean Salsa, and ice cream made without an ice cream maker. Yum!
- In the cafeteria at work, they have a little sample station set up with the most refreshing watermelon drink I have ever had. It tastes basically like mashed up watermelons with lots of ice. Then I happened across this recipe for Watermelon Lemonade via Craft:Blog! Sounds equally as tasty!
In other news, I am very close to finishing the top for Quilt No. 1. I have half an inch left left to embroider on the last letter, then I’ll be able to sew on the last two pieces.
Next on the to-do list is the quilt back. I assume I’ll be able to get that done in an afternoon or two (depending on how long my afternoons last).
- A list of free quilt patterns complied by WhipUp.
- How to design and print your own laundry safe labels
- The fascinating world of sewing feet (I had no idea there were so many different types!)
I won’t have much time this weekend to sew and the quilt needs to be done within 2 weeks from now. Plus I need to start on Quilt No. 2 in time to mail it to Hawaii by mid-July. I am busy! But it’s a fun busy :)
Have a good weekend!